Sunday, March 9, 2008

Moving on...

Not all that much to report today. I had a fabulous 8 days in San Juan del Sur and have now moved on to La Fortuna, Costa Rica.

In San Juan, I caught up with all of the friends I wanted to, managed to time my visit to correspond with a surf tournament, spent lots of time at the beach, and I even squeezed in a scuba dive! My days were pretty chill and usually involved heading out to Playa Maderas, where I would spend my day reading, chatting with friends, cooling off in the ocean and working on my tan. (Yes, I am actually pretty tan at the moment.) I would usually grab one of the delicious smoothies that my friend Alfredo the Peruvian sells out at the beach - orange, payapa, pineapple, passion fruit, banana, a bit of protein powder and topped off with a sprinkling of cinnamon. Yum!

The evenings usually involved either cooking dinner or grabbing a bite somewhere, then most evenings, I would head out for "a drink or two" with friends, which usually turned into a few more than that. It was a fun week.

On Friday, I got up early and hit the road at 6:15am. After 1 taxi, a border and 3 buses, I arrived to La Fortuna at about 3pm. Since I'd gotten about 5 hours of sleep the night beforehand, I had an early dinner and was in bed before 9. Yesterday (Saturday) was a good day... I caught up with my good friend Angie from high school who was here with a group (She's a tour leader.) and we went waterfall rappelling in the morning and hung out in the afternoon. Last night was another early evening, and today, I'm heading off to San Jose to catch up with some old co-workers. Wednesday, I've got a flight off to Dublin, and I'm totally looking forward to my time in Ireland!

No comments: