Sunday, January 27, 2008

Enjoying Belize

Internet is expensive here, so not much going to be posted. I made it to the island of Caye Caulker, and I've caught up with Ellis, a Belizean tour leader who is dragging me around to see the sites. Yesterday, we rented a golf cart and toured around the island, which was fun, and then in the evening, we went on a sunset sailing trip which was all right. You just end up getting loaded before dinner time, which is never a good idea. I was on my way home at 10pm, and I woke up with a thick head at 8:30 to head off to the island of San Pedro.
When I went to look for Ellis to go, I found him still sleeping in his bed at 10, but he promised me we'd go on the 11:30 ferry. 11:30 rolled around, and he wasn't at the dock, so I went back and woke him up again and dragged him to lunch with me. Today's a lazy day.
Tomorrow, I'm going to dive the Blue Hole, and the following day, I'm off for a 3-day sailing trip on down to Placencia, in the south. It should be good, but no updates until afterwards. I'm looking forward to the diving tomorrow!

No comments: