Thursday, February 14, 2008

100 Dives!

Well, I hit 100 dives yesterday. 101, to be more precise. On the hundredth dive, we descended to 100 feet at a cool dive site called the Maze. We didn't see much, but the coral wall we were going along was quite impressive, and at the end of it, one of my dive buddies spotted a massive green moray eel.

Although tradition calls for #100 to be done naked, I decided against it and donned the standard wet suit to keep myself warm.

I nearly didn't crawl out of bed yesterday to do the dives (I had to be at the dive shop at 6:10am to set up equipment), but the lure of whale sharks and a calm sea after several days of rough waters got me up. Unfortunately, I have yet to see a whale shark, but hopefully I will before I leave. I'm still crossing my fingers that we'll spot some when I'm on the boat. In the mean time, I'm going to have to continue groggily making my PB & J sandwiches before dragging myself to the dive shop. Good thing that it's less than 5 minutes to the dive shop.

My beer & rum consumption has declined in the last few days, as some hardcore party-ers left the island on Tuesday morning. I've been enjoying good nights of sleep and hangover-less mornings.

Everyone, please think happy thoughts for those whale sharks!

No comments: